Looking for quick tips to plan your next trip to Melbourne? Check out the top 10 things you can not miss!
"The biggest adventure you can live is to live the life of your dreams" - Oprah Winfrey
Melbourne is probably the most european city of Australia and you can really feel like at home. The city itself is lovely, with interesting attractions and very nice restaurants and bars (the coffee is really good!). Outside the center, the Victoria state can offer breathtaking landscapes and a lot of travel opportunities (be sure to check out our Great Ocean Road post).. read our bucket list below and be sure not to miss the top things to do!
1. Starting your exploration of the city from Federation Square, the vibrant hearth of Melbourne (here you can find the Visitor Centre where you can book tickets or take useful information about the several tours available to explore the city and the outern areas). Opposite to this large square there is the iconic Flinders Station
2. Admiring the best street art hotspots in the city. We suggest you to take a walk at least in Hosier Street, Centre Place and AC/DC Lane
3. Taking part of a guided tour in the Parliament House for an introduction of the Australian law system. The Queen's hall and the chambers are really nice
4. Visiting the Old Melbourne Gaol, the ancient jails where the famous bandit Ned Kelly was executed in 1880. The guided tour is quite funny and the guides put all their efforts to make you feel an authentic convict experience ;-)
5. Strolling in Chinatown . The red gate to access the chinese district is pefect for a selfie and here you can also find some nice spot sfor a quick lunch
6. Visiting the neo-gothic St.Paul Cathedral
7. Shopping in Collins Street, the iconic luxury road of the city
8. Taking a break in the lovely Hopetoun Tea Rooms (www.hopetountearooms.com.au), probably one of the best tea room of the city where you can eat delicious cakes. You can find it in the lovely Block Arcade
9. Enjoying a stunning view of the city from the Skydeck 88 (https://www.eurekaskydeck.com.au/) of the Eureka Tower. In less than 40 second a lift will bring you to this 88th floor where you can take beautiful 360° pictures of the city; perfect at sunset!
10. Do you have some more time? Why don't you spend one day in St Kilda, the coastal paradise only 6 km far from the central business district. In this area you can relax on the beach, strolling along the charming Promenade or having some fun in the Luna Park.
To discover more about these places, have a look to our posts and stories dedicated to Melbourne dated November 2018 on our Instagram page @2intour
Did you enjoy our article? Read the other articles and for more photos and videos follow our IG page @2intour