Looking for quick tips to plan your next trip to Florence? Check out the top 10 things you can not miss!
"From a little spark may burst a flame" - Dante Alighieri
Cradle of the Renaissance and a real museum en-plein air from one side, Florence is nowadays a vibrant city crowded of tourists coming from everywhere. Most of the attractions are in the historic center and almost everything can be reached with a small walk. Anyway we suggest you to plan at least three days to take your time and enjoy the charming atmosphere and the great quality of food the city can offer you. Below our bucket list we suggest you:
1. Passing through the beautiful marble facade of the Santa Maria Novella Basilica and admiring the masterpieces inside the complex realized by artists like Giotto, Brunelleschi, Michelangelo, Botticelli..
2. Discovering the iconic Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral and its amazing dome realized by Brunelleschi in the 15th century. The inner shell of the dome was frescoed with the Last judgement scene by Giorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari.. really a unique masterpiece! Opposite the cathedral there is the Baptistry of San Giovanni with its beautiful mosaics
3. Walking along the historical streets of the center up to Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio. Don't miss the majestic Salone dei Cinquecento, and its cycle of pictures celebrating the apotheosis of Cosimo de’ Medici and the city of Florence
4. Visiting the Uffizi museum. Our preferred painting is probably the Botticelli's "Birth of Venus", what about you?
5. Crossing the iconic Ponte Vecchio with its sparkling jewelry shops
6. Looking for a breathtaking view of Florence? Piazzale Michelangelo probably offers one of the most stunning lookout of the city, especially at sunset
7. Relaxing in one of the lovely gardens of Florence: our favorites surely, Boboli gardens or Giardino Bardini
8. Exploring Palazzo Pitti. Symbol of the Medici's power in Florence during Renaissance and then residence of Victor Emmanuel II during the short period in which Florence was the capital of Italy, the Royal and Imperial Apartments are really impressive
9. Shopping in Via Tornabuoni, the reign of the luxury firms in the city
10. Discovering the several Medici's villas outside the city center (namely we suggest you the awesome Villa La Ferdinanda ad Artimino, Villa Medicea di Poggio a Caiano and Villa La Petraia)
Did you enjoy our article? Read the other articles and for more photos and videos follow our IG page @2intour