Looking for quick tips to plan your next trip to Camargue? Check out the top 10 things you can not miss!
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein
The Camargue is a wild natural region located in southern France and formed by the delta of the Rhône River. Paradise for birdwatching addicted, the Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue protects rare species of birds such as flamingos and egrets and it is the perfect destination for a relaxing holiday. The area offers beautifuc footpats and enplein air activitieslike horse riding and biking.
1. Driving along the scenic routes on the Réserve Nationale de Camargue. We suggest you the D37, D36b and D36c. Not only for birdwatching lovers, these routes are perfect to plunge in the wild nature of the region; along the path you can meet the typical white horses and some bulls. Really nice also riding a bike
2. Taking some walks on the beach or along one of the beautiful footpaths around the Etang du Fangassier or Etang de Galambert
3. Admiring hundreds of flamingos (and many other birds) in the awesome ornitologic park of Pont de Gau. Don't miss the beautiful 7km of trails into the reserve for some beautiful shots
4. Exploring the lovely coastal village of Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer
5. Discovering the famous Salin de Giraud
6. Walking on top of the majestic boundary wall of the pictoresque village of Aigues Mortes. From here you can enjoy an amazing view of the pink salt flats
7. Discovering the glorious roman past of Arles, exploring Les Arènes. Standing at the northeastern corner of the Place du Forum you can imagine to be Vincet Van Gogh at the time he painted the beautiful Café Terrace at Night
8. Taking part of a guided horse ride in the wild wetlands of the region
9. Relaxing in the huge Espiguette Beach
10. Do you have some more time? Why don't you stop at the nice Avignon? or spent some days in one of the most suggestive canyon in Europe: Les Gorges du Verdon? For more details on the Gorges du Verdon, have a look to our dedicated article on our blog
To discover more about these places, have a look to our posts and stories dedicated to Camargue dated April and May 2018 on our Instagram page @2intour
Did you enjoy our article? Read the other articles and for more photos and videos follow our IG page @2intour